Not sure today how many college students use a woodshop, but in 1901 this one was available to Oklahoma State University students. continue reading
Luthier Leo Uhlmeyer had a guitar shop in Watertown, Wisconsin circa 1900.
This 1930 photo shows the wood shop at International Harvester’s Chatham Works in Ontario, Canada. Here they manufactured, finished and assembled wooden wagon components. continue reading
This shop existed in a building constructed in 1871 but was destroyed in a 1900 fire. The first floor of the Mechanical Building and Drill Hall was the woodshop, while the second floor was home to military drills.
The State School for the Deaf in Delavan, Wisconsin was incorporated by the state in 1852 after beginning as a private institution. The curriculum included academic, vocational, and domestic training which was free for “all deaf and dumb residents”.